Ava's 1st birthday party invitation

Here are the invitations that I created for Ava's first birthday party that is coming up. The gamsol technique takes a little while, but the rest of the card went together really quickly. I decided on this colour combination using a link given to me by Karen. It's a web site that generates Stampin' Up colour combinations. It's fabulous. I never would have thought to put the three colours below together. Here is a link.

............................................................................................................

Snappy Birthday

Stamps: Crab & Company, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock
: Vintage Violet, Rose Red, Marigold Morning and Whisper White Stampin' Up cardstock
Ink: Rose Red, Basic Black
Accessories:
Cricut scalloped circle, white signo gel pen, gamsol & prismacolour pencil crayons, ticket punch, mat pack


Thanks everyone for looking and Karen - thank you so much for the link! It really helped me to design these.

Comments

Sheri said…
You did an awesome job on the invitation!

I love the colour combo! That website is the best. I will be using it when I design Alyssa's 1st birthday invite.

I am also on the hunt for a scalloped circle punch. I know you used the cricut cutter for yours, but there is a punch just like it. But it is very hard to find. I found one on ebay, but it's a bit pricey, so we'll see.

Have fun planning the party!
Melissa said…
Absolutely gorgeous, Jen. I was so excited to get our invite in the mail. It's stunning! Have you put it on SCS yet?
Jennifer said…
Thanks, ladies! Sheri - good luck finding that punch - I looked for months at several different Michaels and couldn't find it. Ebay would work. I think the gigapunch does 2-7/8 and 3 (lets you layer) which is perfect for cards as the one on my card is 3". Did you know the Cricut is on sale for $185 at Michaels until Apr 6? Still a lot of money but the lowest they had it before this was $269.

Thanks Mel - I'll post it tonight!
Sheri said…
Hi Jen,
I did find a punch on ebay, I am just waiting to find out about shipping. If it works out the way I think it will, the punch will be around $32 CDN (including shipping). I don't think that's too bad, considering most large punches are around $20. I'm going to Michaels tonight to check to see if they have any - but if you checked before, then I doubt they will.

I did see that the Cricut is on sale. I would love to have one, but it's still a lot of money.

I didn't realize the punch did both sizes. That's cool. I already have the 2" circle punch by Marvy, so it'll fit perfectly in the middle - I hope. I find it hard to punch through heavy cardstock with it though. Stampin' Up! really needs to make a large circle and scalloped punch ;-)