day 94 - don't pet strange dogs $

Today was a busy day. The kids woke up and were thrilled to discover the Easter bunny had visited overnight. Ethan and Ava knew exactly what to do. Poor little Owen would find an egg and then hide it in a new spot where the other two would take off with it. At the end of the hunt he had about ten chocolates and the other two had tons.



Here's Ava's basket. The Easter bunny brought the good stuff this year - Butterfinger eggs, Caramilk eggs and Reese's peanut butter cups.



The Easter bunny even left presents on the porch (big thanks to our fabulous neighbours who always remember our kids and are so kind to them).



We also dyed some eggs. Unfortunately we weren't all that organized this morning as I tried to bake and get the eggs dyed. Here's Ava making eggs with mass destruction in the background 15 minutes after we were supposed to be at my mom and dad's. We had four kitchen chairs and one high chair locked in the kitchen with us to keep the boys from climbing on the counter while we worked.

We also have dyed eggs in the egg carton in the fridge because some stupid person (ME) forgot that they had already boiled eggs for dyeing and pulled new eggs straight from the box and threw them in the dye.



After that we were off to brunch at my parents' house. We played in the backyard for a while and I did something really stupid. My parents' neighbours have a really cute boxer. I don't know the dog well, but know that it doesn't cause any trouble and doesn't bark. Anyway, the kids spotted the dog through the fence and ran over to see it.



Now I am not afraid of dogs and neither are the kids but I did something dumb. I immediately stuck my hand through the fence to pet the dog and they did exactly what I did. The dog was very friendly and calm and an absolute sweetheart, but what if it hadn't been? Anyway, note to self: smarten up, stupid.



After that we were off to Grandma & Grandpa's but it was later in the day so the light wasn't great and I didn't take any pictures.

Comments