The big one

30. It's all fun and games until it happens to you.

To mark the beginning of this chapter, here is a quote from my favourite movie which happens to be about a girl in her thirties:

"At times like this, continuing with one's life seems impossible and eating the entire contents of one's fridge seems inevitable.
I have two choices--
to give up and accept permanent state of spinster hood and eventual eating by dogs...or not.
And this time, I choose not.
I will not be defeated by a bad man and an American stick insect.
Instead, I choose vodka and Chaka Khan."

- Bridget Jones

Comments

Melissa said…
30 and you're still as cute as you were when you were little. At least from what I remember - I AM the youngest in the family!
Anonymous said…
It does not seem like 30 years ago since that photo was taken.
Jen you brighten so many days for so many people.
To quote one of your favourtie expressions, "You are the best".
Mom
xx
Melissa said…
I agree, Jen - you are the best! Thanks for letting me give you a hard time!
Sheri said…
Happy Belated Birthday Jen! I meant to say it yesterday when I saw you, but totally forgot ;-)

After seeing this picture of you as a baby, I can really see you in Ava!

It was great to see her yesterday, she is such a cutie! At one point she looked up at me to hand me the measuring cup she was playing with, but she quickly realized she didn't know me and took it back and put her head down - just too cute!
Jennifer said…
Thanks everyone! Love you, Mom. xo :)

Sheri - it was great to see you too. Sorry I didn't get to see Alyssa - I haven't seen her in person since Kelly's shower in September. It's funny - we went through a pile of old slides back in the fall and she sure does look a lot like I did as a baby. But she does have a lot of Jas in her too - the dimples she gets from him and I am told the chubby cheeks are a McDougall baby trademark. :) Looking forward to the open house!