Ava & the kittens

On Sunday, we went to one of Ava's favourite places - Aunt Karen & Uncle Jack's farm. She is such an animal lover so when their daughter's boyfriend Jason called and invited us out to see the new kittens in the barn I jumped at the chance. I was really surprised because although she loves animals, she's pretty cautious around them and I never thought she would hold one. I was wrong. She was scared for the first minute or so and then began picking them up and holding them with no problems at all.

Judging by the kitten's claws in this shot it wasn't so sure about Ava...



Peeking through the barn door. Big thanks to Jason for the suggestion and for helping me set this shot up. It took a lot of tries and a lot of smarties to get this shot and I am very happy with how it turned out. Thanks, Jason!



One of the six kittens...



Looking out at the cows from an open door up in the barn...



Watching and waving at Ava's cousin Melanie on the tractor...



Holding the kittens...





This picture kind of freaks me out in b/w. The light shining through the gaps in the wood reminds me of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Almost like you expect to see a UFO on the other side. The colour shot has a very different feel to it...



Thanks for looking and a big thank you to Jason, Melanie, Karen & Jack for a great time.

Comments

Melissa said…
Very sweet, Jen! Love the one of Ava with Mr. Claws! What a cutie pie! Keep the pictures coming - I can never get enough!
Anonymous said…
What beautiful pictures!
Ava looks so happy.
Love
Mom