Day 18 {natalia's birthday party}

We had a very busy day today. We went to my beautiful niece Natalia's 3rd birthday party. I didn't take as many pictures as usual, but I took a few. Ava didn't have time to come up with new nicknames for the boys today, so I will narrate using additional nicknames from yesterday.

The morning started off as it usually does with me forgetting to put my flash card back in the camera after taking it out the night before. The shot I have been after for three weeks set itself up and my camera wasn't ready to go. We have Ikea baskets in our living room and the boys always have to pull everything out of it. Sometimes they have a hard time reaching into the very bottom and fall into the basket.

Well, Dee Dee (Owen) fell in today going after a bottle and I missed it. I went upstairs right away and got my camera figuring I wouldn't have a chance again. But I no sooner came into the living room and Anysing (Ethan) fell in head first.



Dee Dee (Owen - left) and Anysing (Ethan - right) helping me with my hair.



Playing peek-a-boo with Dee Dee in the car.



Anysing having a nap in the car.



Blowing out the candles...



The balloons...





The drinks (for the adults of course). We had delicious and easy to make Razzmopolitans.



Here is the recipe if you are interested:

Razzmopolitan

1 pkt. CRYSTAL LIGHT Tangerine Grapefruit Low Calorie Drink Mix
5 cups cold water
2 cups low calorie cranberry raspberry drink
1/4 cup fresh lime juice

PLACE drink mix in plastic or glass pitcher. Add cold water; stir until drink mix is dissolved.

ADD cranberry raspberry drink and lime juice. Stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

POUR into sugar-rimmed martini glasses.

Substitute
For an adults-only version, omit 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup vodka.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Shannon said…
Great job Jen! Love the photos and thank you so much for coming. When you get a chance can you send me the cake photos? Thanks for everything, and I must say the drinks were amazing!!
Debra said…
You only substitute 1/2 cup of the water? I would've thought you put the whole bottle in!! I guess you do want to be able to drive home afterwards!! Adorable shots and storytelling!
ChrissyW said…
your pics crack me up!!! love em