Day 53 {Auntie M's 30th birthday}

Happy Birthday Melissa!!! Today is my beautiful sister Melissa's 30th birthday.

Today was busy. Jason headed off to curling and as I was getting Ava dressed, I heard a bunch of clanging from downstairs. I went down to find that the boys had bulldozed the baby gate...



and proceeded to pull everything out of the cupboard.



Other random shots from this today. Ethan:



Owen:







Look who's starting to get some curls (Owen):



While the boys slept, Ava and Daddy watched Treehouse.



Skippy (a.k.a. my Dad) playing Guitar Hero at my sister's birthday party. Would you believe he has never heard Livin' on a Prayer before? Sacriledge. How can you raise two daughters in the 80's and 90's and not be familiar with such classics? Unbelievable. (PS. I rocked this song on the guitar.)





My contribution for the party: cereal peanut butter bars* made from one of my grandmother's recipes:



Cupcakes that Ava made with Nana yesterday:



The cake Ava made with Nana yesterday:



Cereal Peanut Butter Bars:

1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. brown sugar
Dash salt
1 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
1 c. corn flakes, slightly crushed
1 (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine syrup, sugar and salt in saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in peanut butter, remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, cereals, and chocolate pieces. Press into a buttered 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Chill one hour. Cut into bars or squares. Store in refrigerator.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Shannon said…
I can't believe your dad has never heard that song. He is truely missing out! he he he

BTW, I love the photos of the boys breaking into your cupboards. Too cute.
Melissa said…
Beautiful pictures Jen. Thanks so much for making my day so special yesterday! Hope you still have some of those squares left over. I didn't have room for one last night and they looked delicious! :)