day 213 {retail therapy}

Today Ava and I went shopping with my mom for a girls' day out. Hippopotamus came too - in her princess dress and with her party shoes just in case.



We had a great day and found some deals. When I gained weight before and after I had kids I HATED shopping for clothes. Nothing fit and it was a miserable experience. How that I've lost weight I can wear things I couldn't before and the smaller sizes are easier to find on the rack. Suddenly I am reminded how much I loved clothes shopping when I was this size ten years ago. My favourite store? Old Navy.



Here's Ava eating ice cream with Nana at sunset.





She was wearing her new princess shoes.





The best part of the day was the conversation on the way home.

Ava: "Mommy drive faster because I'm tired."
Me: "I can't Ava. There's a policeman up ahead." (some guy had just flashed his high beams and I had slowed down.)
Ava turned to my mom and explained: "When the police aren't around we can drive fast."

Well there's no mistaking she's my kid. :)

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Sheri said…
Great pics...love the ice cream ones :) Isn't Old Navy great?!? We went shopping there today too! It's Alyssa's favourite store...ours too :)
Unknown said…
so lovely.....
Melissa said…
Very sweet, Jen! Looks like you had a fabulous day! Loved Ava's comment. She sure doesn't miss much!