day 215 {making lasagna is a spectator sport}

A quiet day around the house. I spent most of the weekend cleaning the house and the kids made mess after mess. Here are Owen and Ava playing their favourite new game. Owen throws a blanket on the floor and pretends to sleep and Ava runs over and tucks him in. It's adorable.



The big news of the weekend is that the boys are starting to talk. On Saturday morning I put Dora on for the kids and all of a sudden I heard this little voice scream "MAP!" at the tv at the top of his lungs. It was Owen. It was the first time I had heard it. This is him today (Monday) doing it again. Other words for him? All done, map, backpack and up. Ethan's words are starting to come too. He can say pup pup.



After cleaning all of the floors in the house, I made dinner. I turned around from the stove to see Ethan staring back at me. He had climbed up on Ava's chair.



Then before I knew it, they were all watching me:



Of all the things I could have cooked for dinner, I made lasagna.



What a stupid idea. Here's Owen in mid throw.



I'm sure you can imagine what the floor looks like after lasagna night. Needless to say, it had to be washed again. :(



Thanks for looking!

Comments