day 251 {ten years}

Monday, September 7th marked ten years that I have worked for my company. A lot of people have come and gone since I started. Only two remain from the day that I started: Regina and Jane (Love you guys. Mwah!). Everyone else has moved on. Some I miss and some I wouldn't brake for if they were stranded on the side of the road. Who am I kidding? I'm too nice - of course I would. I would just bitch about it afterwards. ;)



(big thanks to Checco for taking this picture.)

Anyway, here are the official stats (keep in mind I'm terrible at math):

Number of years worked: ten (minus 2 years of maternity leave)

Number of days worked: 1,438

Number of hours spent in the car commuting: 2,157 (probably add another 200 hours spent sitting behind snow plows)

Number of times pulled over for speeding: 2

Number of times I talked the police officer out of a ticket: 1 but that's a story for another day

Number of employes who have left/come and gone from our office since I started: 34

Day of work I will never forget: September 11, 2001

Here you go. For your viewing pleasure I give you the below picture taken exactly ten years ago. Dear lord. This was in the days of the perm. YIKES. Check out those bangs. It was also one of the few times I have worn a skirt. Come to think of it this was back in the days of my love affair with blueberry poptarts which would kick off ten years of weight gain. Thanks to my recent diet and exercise bonanza I now weigh less than I did on this day ten years ago. Everything doesn't sit in the same spot but less all the same lol.



Thanks for looking!

Comments

Mari said…
That was fun! Congrats on 10 years!