Day 359 {christmas day}

Merry Christmas! It was a great day today. We got to sleep in a bit and didn't get downstairs until after 9. It was great but I suspect it will be the last year it happens.

Ava was the alarm clock and got us all up. She made sure to peek over the landing to see what was under the tree first and report back that Santa had possibly visited while we were sleeping. Here she is checking out her present from Santa - a Barbie castle (actually a Disney princess castle).



Ethan checking out his new train set.



Owen checking out his creativity table.



Anyway, it was a nice morning full of presents. To Owen from Ava:



To Ethan from Mommy & Daddy:



To Ava from Ava. (A month ago she picked out a present for herself while we were shopping and wrapped it up.)



Unfortunately there was a fatality. I ran into the kitchen for something and left my camera on the kitchen table. Owen grabbed the strap and pulled it off the table. It hit the ground hard and amazingly enough the only thing that ended up getting broken was my UV filter. I still have no idea how the lens didn't get damaged because the force was so hard that it bent the metal ring on the filter. It was very hard to unscrew and it wouldn't sit flat on the counter it was bent so badly. Anyway, that's my big lesson of the day for everyone. Each of my lenses has a UV filter on it for this exact reason. Better to break a $79 UV filter than a $500 lens.



In the afternoon we had some downtime. Everybody had a nap and then we went to my parents' house for dinner with my family. Here's my mom showing Ethan and Ava the ornaments on the tree. What you can't see is me behind the camera telling Ethan not to touch the ornaments. Did he listen? Nope. But he didn't break anything thank god.



Owen at dinner.



My present from my sister and one of only a handful of people who can get away with calling me Jenny.



That was it. Another busy day but a good one and it's finally Christmas!

Comments

Sheri said…
Jen, looks like you had a great Christmas, despite the UV filter breaking...that's just amazing that nothing else was damaged!! So glad you told me to buy them for my lenses.

Here we are, on the last day of Project 365! Can you believe it? Are you doing in next year?

I have enjoyed every one of your blog posts and so glad you kept up with the project. It'll be a wonderful keepsake for the kids!

Happy New Year!!