Day 363 {birthday girl}

Today was baby number one's birthday. Our beautiful Scarlett turned 7 years old. My poor baby who went from being the centre of attention to getting bumped further and further down the line as the kids started to show up. The same dog who once ate my birth control pills and proceeded to lie in my lap sucking in all of the attention and playing the sick and dying routine while I spent an hour on the phone with poison control only to run by with the pack in her mouth untouched five minutes after I got the whole "wait and see what happens and hope for the best" verdict from the vet. The dog that broke us into parenting and remember my mom once telling us "Wow. When you become parents it will be a breeze after raising Scarlett." A comment that quite possibly could explain how we ended up with TWINS five years later... ;)



Other randoms of the day included Ava with her new book. When I was growing up, "The Monster at the End of this Book" was one of my favourite stories. This is the sequel and it features Elmo who didn't exist when I was a little kid.



Ethan discovering that his bottle is far more entertaining to use as a water gun. It's tough love from this point on. Once this box of liners is gone, it's sippy cups from here on out. Enjoy it while it lasts, boys.





And finally, it took me a whole 5 minutes to take down our Charlie Brown Christmas tree and the ten remaining ornaments the kids did not manage to beat out of the tree during the pinata episode. I admit it was kind of nice. Taking down the tree usually takes a long time because each of the ornaments has its own box and it takes a while to put everything away. Not this year.



That was it for today. Only two days to go. Unbelievable! Thanks for looking!

Comments