day 147 - a pretty good day $

Today was a pretty good day. The kids were in a good mood and went easy on me. Lunch was pretty uneventful. There was some serious wheeling and dealing going on. Ava was able to convince Owen to give her his peanut butter cup for absolutely nothing in return. I am sure I did the same to my sister at some point. Or at least she will tell you I did. After I poked her in the ear and made her so mad she smashed her glitter baton over a chair. ;)



The next baby proofing challenge. A month ago Owen reached up inside the water and ice dispenser and unscrewed the light bulb. This week Owen's been carefully studying it and trying to figure out how to unlock it and get it to work. Does anybody know if you can unhook the water and ice so it doesn't work? Maybe I should just ask him to figure it out.



I am not a big fan of cooking. I do it, but it's not something I particularly enjoy. Baking yes, but cooking, not so much. On Friday I got a good deal on some full chickens from the grocery store but I had no idea how to cook them. There was a moment of panic when I saw the package said "may contain kidneys" but I figured I watch Grey's Anatomy - surely I can identify a kidney. Whether I'll want to touch it or not is a different story (there weren't any). Anyway, I looked up cooking instructions on the internet and it was actually one of the easiest things I've ever made. Here's my master piece before it hit the oven.



While I was making dinner, things got awfully quiet in the living room. I found Ethan fast asleep on the couch.




It's hard work destroying your room instead of taking a nap.



Comments