day 149 - vacation begins $

Today was the first day of a week's vacation. We loaded into the van and went to Home Depot to get some paint for one of the projects I am working on this coming week.

When I announced I was having twins three years ago, a girl at work who also has twins told me something. She told me that one day I would find myself somewhere and the twins would take off running in opposite directions. In that moment, I would be faced with a decision and to chase after the one I loved the most lol. ;)

Well, today it happened. The boys were good in the store so we let them out of the cart. They both held onto my hand and behaved. Then it was time to leave. Jason was at the cash and I took the kids to look at the borders and Disney decor stuff. Everything was going great until Ethan bolted for wallpaper. I ran after him and out of the corner of my eye I saw Owen bolt for custom blinds. Luckily I was able to catch both of them but it's riding in the cart with a seat belt from now on.

Please note - while I did chase after Ethan first, it doesn't mean I love him more than Owen. The truth is that in that moment I wasn't particularly fond of either of them. ;)



Comments