day 239 - play date $

When I was eleven years old, we moved. We didn't move far, but we moved far enough that my sister and I had to switch schools. We had to leave friends behind and made new friends at our new school. Then high school happened and *gasp* friends from the public school system entered into the mix. ;)

Anyway, several of the girls I have had the pleasure of knowing since kindergarten now live in town and have kids the same age as my own. One of them babysat Ava when I went back to work. Another one has a daughter the same age as Ava who will be in her class. Then there is Michele who has joined me in my new adventures in running and knows what it is like to have two very busy boys. Boys who like to climb and get into things and like to write on stuff with permanent marker.

Today Michele invited the kids and I for a play date at her house. Now I don't get out much with the kids by myself because chasing the three of them is exhausting, but there is one thing I do know: fenced in yard = promised land.

We had an absolute blast. The kids had a great time and so did I. Here is our day.

It started out a little bit cool outside but there's nothing like a game of "patio chair spin" to get you flushed and ready to hurl. Just looking at these pictures makes me sick (this is Owen by the way).





Before we knew it, it was lunchtime. There are few things in this world more delicious than the spider dog. I never seem to think about these until we have a campfire, but Michele was on the ball and the kids LOVED them.





It was a fantastic day and we will have to do it again soon. Thanks Michele!



Comments

Anonymous said…
I told you about the fence the sooner the better and life will be good.

Grandma.