day 249 - thirty-five years $

My parents got married thirty-five years ago today. It's hard to believe it's been that long. Even my grandmother couldn't believe it when Ava and I went to visit her in the nursing home with my parents earlier this week:

Dad: "It's our thirty-fifth anniversary on Monday."
Nan: "Pardon?"
Dad: "It's our thirty-fifth anniversary on Monday."
Nan: "Thirty-five years! I didn't know it was that long!"
Dad: "Well, you have a granddaughter that is thirty-three."
Nan: "Pardon?"
Dad: "Well, Jennifer is thirty-three years old."
Nan: "Pardon?"
Dad (shouting so half the nursing home can hear): "JENNIFER IS THIRTY-THREE YEARS OLD!!!"
Me: "Thanks, Dad."



Actually, now that I think about it, most of the people there couldn't hear it anyway. ;)

Congratulations Mom & Dad!!!

Comments