f

day 260 - day five $

Friday, 17 September 2010

Today marked the end of Ava's first week of school. It wasn't the typical junior kindergarten week as she is going to school all day, every day. It was a very long week and although there were a few tantrums after dinner a few nights, it went very well. She adjusted well and she went to school and came home from school with a smile on her face each day. Friday looked like it might be a challenge as she didn't want to get up but mentioning that she'd see her best friend got her out of bed in a flash.

Every day I look forward to seeing what comes home from school in her mailbag. There have been letters, beautiful pieces of artwork and one day the school sent home a book for her to keep with a nice inscription from her teacher inside. Today Ava brought home a new piece of artwork and it was beautiful:

Ava: "Mommy! I made this for you!"
Me: "A pope hat! That's awesome."
Ava: "Actually, it's a bracelet."



Oops. Note to self: just because she goes to Catholic school not everything she does has to be religious, jackass.



share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
1 Comment »

This entry was posted on Friday, 17 September 2010 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “day 260 - day five $”

Sujomi said...

It *could be* a pope hat too.

I've done that with my kids so many times that now if I am the slightest bit unsure, I always say, "Now tell me about your project..." Yeah, I take the wimpy way out.