day 115 - water for elephants

I'm not a cat person. Never have been. They're a little too independent for my taste. I prefer an animal who is outwardly affectionate and comes running to see me when I get home. So unless you can find me a cat who can drive a car or use the toilet, I'm really not interested.

Anyway, this morning when the kids and I walked to my parents' house, the most adorable cat followed us there and back.

Wait a minute -- did I just use the words adorable and cat in the same sentence? How strange.

It walked across the street and the kids went running up to it with me calling behind them not to bother it, knowing that they wouldn't get anywhere near it because it would run away. To my surprise it came right up to them. Then it followed us the rest of the way to my parents' house and there it was again when we left to go home.

The kids loved it and I have a feeling it will be back.




In other news, tonight was girls' night. We went to see Water for Elephants. I have to say that Robert Pattinson was actually pretty good. It was a refreshing change to see him with some colour and surprisingly enough, it looks like he's taken some acting lessons.



I could be your mother, R. Pattz (a very youthful one that is), but you're not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. You're no Hugh Jackman, but then again who is?

Comments