f

day 161 - my (sometimes) obedient co-pilot

Friday, 10 June 2011

There are people out there who have golden retrievers who listen. They come when they are called and they are walked without a leash.

My dog isn't one of them.

Eight years old and I still chase her down the street several times a month, leash in hand, to bring her home when she bolts out the door. It's a work in progress.

Tonight Scarlett and I went for a drive and she ran from the house straight to the van without a one km detour or stopping to visit a neighbour. Baby steps.



This is the look of a happy dog who just scarfed two timbits in the Tim Hortons drive through and got to hang her head out the window the whole way home.

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
1 Comment »

This entry was posted on Friday, 10 June 2011 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “day 161 - my (sometimes) obedient co-pilot”

jane said...

love this picture...and knowing that I was not alone with a golden who didn't listen. Who cares with a face like that!