day 168 - riding into the sunset

I was not feeling inspired today. I had no idea what to take a picture of. I was headed toward photographing yet another inanimate object and I didn't like it.

And then I saw the sunset and it was breathtaking.



So I ran to the end of the street with Ethan. Our street dead ends into a farmer's field and if memory serves, that field hasn't been worked in a couple of years. I was surprised to see a tractor drive by, tilling it. Ethan waved and waved and the two guys in the tractor beeped the horn and waved back.

We walked back to the house and Owen said he wanted to see so I took him to the end of the street. Owen waved at the tractor and it pulled up to the edge of the field and stopped. The older of the two men got out and asked Owen if he wanted to go for a ride.

He was so excited (at least as outwardly excited as my kids get with strangers - they don't say a word but their eyes go wide with excitement and look like they are going to explode)...

until the man tried to pick him up to put him in the tractor. There was no way he was going without me.

So the nice man stood at the edge of the field and waited for ten minutes while his son toured us around the rest of the field.



What a nice way to end whatever day this was (note to self - get caught up on your posting already).

Comments

Ashley Sisk said…
What a nice way to end the day - love the last shot for some reason.
Susan said…
What nice neighbors! Beautiful sunset :)
Tiffany said…
What a great end to the day..the sunset is beautiful. Can't help but laugh about the beginning of the post. I took a picture of blocks this week:)

Tiffany