day 61 - documenting project 365 with the momento app

Sigh...I can't find my pictures from days 61 and 62. I'm having USB issues with my laptop and it's causing me grief. Remember that hard drive I had with 1 TB full of pictures taken over 2010 and 2011 that packed it in on me??? It's a long story but basically it's toast.

So instead I am going to use this post to tell you about my new iPhone app that I am using to help me with my 365.

Have you heard of Momento? It's a diary app that you can download for iPhone and iPad. It's pretty slick - it pulls your various feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, RSS feed) and it records it all in calendar format.

I have been using the notepad on my iPhone to record funny things the kids say, but it's not very convenient and I can't match my notes with pictures. Momento lets me add moments in diary format. I can add a story and Momento lets me attach pictures, tag contacts and set locations for my post. Then when I fall behind in my blogging (I can't remember the last time I was caught up), I can go to Momento for prompts to help me remember what I did on a particular day.

I highly recommend this app. The only thing that would make it better is if it synced with other Apple devices using iCloud, but I am sure that update will be made eventually.

I hope this was helpful!



Comments