day 77 part 2 - green milk and reese pieces

Sorry - I have to backtrack a bit here (note to self: you keep raving about Momento - if it's so great, use it). St. Patrick's Day was a busy day in our house with lots going on, most of which I forgot to capture in my other post.

We started the day with a St. Patrick's Day breakfast of green milk and ceero.* Oddly enough, the milk didn't taste differently. I know, I know - the different taste is a psychological thing which I would actually believe if I hadn't tried green ketchup ten-ish years ago. Oh my god that stuff was gross.

Day 77
Day 77

After breakfast it was time to get ready to go to the movies. Did you know that Cineplex shows family movies on Saturday mornings at 11? It's a series called "Family Favourites" and they show older movies, some of which are from when I was a kid. Admission is only $2.50 each. Snacks are still $50.

Of the movies on the list, only one was a clear winner in my mind. Only one of those movies was worth making the drive and if it came down to it, I would even have paid regular price to see it on the big screen again: ET.

Day 77

It was worth every penny and the smuggled in Reese's Pieces were AWESOME.

Day 77

I'll close this post with some memorable quotes from the day:

Leaving for Cineplex to see ET:

Me: I think you'll like this movie Ava. I saw it when I was your age.
Ava: You were five too?!
Me: Yes I was! You're good at math. How many years ago was that?
Ava (thinking hard): Ummm...a hundred?

Apparently she's not as good at math as I thought. (The answer of course is thirty.)

----------

Michael: Maybe it was an iguana.
Elliot: It was *no* iguana.
Michael: Maybe, um - You know how they say there are alligators in the sewers?
Gertie: Alligators in the sewers.
Mary: All we're trying to say is, maybe you just probably imagined it. It happened...
Elliot: I couldn't have imagined it!
Michael: Maybe it was a pervert or a deformed kid or something.
Gertie: A deformed kid.
Michael: [mockingly]Maybe an elf or a leprechaun.
Elliot: It was nothing like that, penis-breath!
Mary: [laughs in shock]*Elliot!* Sit down.

Ava laughs her head off. Melissa and I look at each other, alarmed.

Ava: He said peanut breath!!

----------

E.T. has died and they have placed him in clear plastic body bag in a cryogenic chamber  so they can freeze him.

Ava (whispering): Are they going to mail him home?


* Ceero is how Ethan pronounces cereal.


Comments

Sheri said…
Love it!! I had no idea they showed old movies and it's only $2.50!! That's awesome! Gotta check that out sometime! I watched E.T. with the girls about a month ago. What a true classic!