Day 149 {barbecue}

Today was a fantastic day. We held our annual barbecue at work to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I spent the day in the sun and am sporting a ridiculous sunburn tonight. Tomorrow I will have to take a picture of my bright red arms against my pasty white legs.

Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures but I don't want to post any closeups of anybody without their permission, so here are a couple of boring ones.

The lineup to get in:



Everybody hanging out, drinking beer and listening to the live band:



And the best part of the day, although I didn't get one, was the sno cones:



How cool is that? I went to work, was outside almost all day, got a suntan/burn, could have had a sno cone, got to listen to a live band, won a raffle prize (brunch for two at the new Delta) and I GOT PAID FOR IT. Now you know why I like going to work so much. :)

The best part of the entire day? It sounds like we raised $3,500 for JDRF. Sweet.

Thanks for looking! I'm off to watch Jay Leno's last show. :(

Comments

Mari said…
Good day! My daughter is a type 1 diabetic so I really appreciate your work!