Day 321 {another baking disaster}

Another day, another baking disaster. Yesterday I came across a fantastic recipe for something called "HolyCrapTheseAreAmazing Cookies". They looked delicious and I had to make them right away, abandoning my whole no more baking for fear of gained pounds plan. They were no bake so how much easier could they get?

Yeah not the case. Apparently my full boil was a little too full so the corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter fused to the cornflakes like super glue. The result? 38 one and a half inch bullets you could fire out of a cannon and easily kill someone with.

Here's the recipe. As I would determine the next day:

this recipe + bubbles just starting to form = HolyCrapTheseAreAmazing Cookies

this recipe + crazy ass bubbles boiling and bubbling all over the place = homemade contact cement



Needless to say the entire batch went in the garbage.

Today was also an educational experience for me. Thanks to this picture on the People of WalMart site, I learned about a very real and very serious disease: Dunlap Disease. Thank you Bunker Bob for your informative comment and for adding this phrase to my vocabulary. ;)

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Erika said…
Lol, but I bet it could crush all your teeth if you tried to eat it. Although the ingredients sounds like they could make heavenly cookies!