day 115 - birthday party $

Today we went out for dinner for my mom's birthday (happy birthday week Mom!). I have bought very few sappy cards in my life and today was no exception. Here is the card I chose for my mom. It doesn't hold a candle to my first choice (there was a lady on it that looked just like the Queen Mother. She was holding a rope tied to a donkey and it said "Lorraine was a wonderful lady but she had a big ass." It was brilliant. Anyway, I had it in my hands and was walking to the cash when I remembered that A. this is not my mom's humour and B. I bought it for my dad's birthday last year.), but it was still not too shabby.



The inside says "Please, I beg of you, don't do this with it."

Anyway, we don't go out for dinner very often, so it was nice to get out of the house. Here's Owen colouring at the table at Swiss Chalet



and the boys drinking milk from straws. A rare occurrence as anytime I have ever given them a cup to drink from their meal ends up floating in it. Thankfully that didn't happen this time.





My sister took this picture and I love it. This is typical Ava.



Happy birthday Mom!



Not much happening today other than that. Lots of chasing around as usual and the boys found a new toy to play with:

Ava: "Mommy, the boys are playing with the calculator on the wall."

It didn't take long to realize she was referring to the digital thermostat on the wall. They had dragged a chair over to it and were pressing buttons. Fabulous.

Comments

Mari said…
Looks like a fun celebration, and I love the story of the boys playing with the "calculator"!